My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Saturday, March 28, 2020

PROLOUGE

As a professional journalist, it has always been my desire to write a book – a book on any subject! When I was working in a jewellery magazine I wanted to write a coffee table book on diamonds. But I soon realized that for me writing 1000-1500 words articles were far easier than writing a book of 500 pages. Thus, the desire to write this coffee table book took a backseat and has remained just a desire till now.

Through a mutual decision taken by my husband and me to stop writing professionally, I became a domestic queen some years back. But once in a while I wrote for our parish bulletin – THE TIDINGS – and while writing for it, the desire to write a book resurfaced. So in the mighty name of Jesus I start writing this book because Jesus fulfils the desires of every heart. It is my first and probably the last attempt in writing a book.

I thought over a number of subjects that I could write on but nothing excited me. Eventually one subject that really excited me was “Carmelite spirituality”.  As a Secular Carmelite (OCDS), since December 2015, what better topic to write on than our spirituality? So, I began writing this book on 16th September, 2019 (Monday).

My book will have only seven chapters because of two reasons – biblically, seven is the perfect number and St Teresa of Avila, the founder and mother of our Holy Order, has described the soul to be having seven mansions.

 Right now because of the global lockdown it has occurred to me that I should blog the contents of my book instead of publishing it.

So here it is!


INDEX

 

Chapter 1: What is Carmelite Spirituality?

Chapter 2: Carmelite Saints and Doctors 

Chapter 3: History of Carmelites

Chapter 4: Virtues of Carmelites

Chapter 5: Our role models

Chapter 6: Two strong pillars of Carmelites – Word of God and Eucharist

Chapter 7: Contemplation

 

No comments:

Post a Comment