My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, March 27, 2020

I and St. Elizabeth of the Trinity!

After Mary Magdalene, if I am not jealous of somebody loving Jesus with equal fervour is St. Elizabeth of the Trinity! In fact, she is the only Carmelite saint who truly inspires me - not for her writings but for her similarity with my life! For the writings, the ultimate mystic and Doctor of the church is St. John of the Cross!🤗

Right from the very beginning in OCDS, the teachings on St Elizabeth of the Trinity fascinated me! I started researching more about her life and here's what I have found that connects me with her. Some things I noticed yesterday from my previous notes:

1) She was born in July and died in November - both my favourite months!

2) Her father was in the army. And he died because of heavy drinking!

3) She had a fiery temperament - probably inherited from her ancestors!

4) She loved gardening!

5) Mary Magdalene had a great impact in her life!

6) She loved writing and had a diary in which she wrote every possible thing!

7) The letters of St Paul were a great source of scriptural inspiration for her!

8) She loved the Bible and the Eucharist!

9) She loved to be in the confines of her cell in the monastery!

10) She loved Jesus very very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment