My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Saint Antony, Abbot


Dear DLL Jesus,

Today I researched on the life of Saint Antony, Abbot who lived as a hermit in the deserts of Egypt.

There also the evil one didn't leave him alone. In fact he was harassed more with constant temptations.

But Saint Antony Abbot resisted him through severe penance, prayers and fasting. He didn't allow the evil one to win over!

The more I learn about the beautiful lives of the saints, the more I want to imitate their lives. No wonder the Roman Catholic church intercede to the saints and there are around 10,000 of them. But I don't want them to intercede for me to you because I want to have a direct contact with you.

But what I want to do is imitate their lives to come closer to you. I want to learn how to grow in close union with you. I want to learn how they prayed and fought temptations to resist the evil one. I want to read about their inspiring lives because before becoming a saint they must have been normal human beings like me.

But still there's a problem here - they were all religious men and women who consecrated themselves to you. Hardly few of them were married.

Still I want to grow in holiness by imitating their lives. Some of them inspire me through their writings and some of them through their prayerful living. There's something to learn from each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment