My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, November 20, 2020

Most Enriching and Creative Lockdown

The first lockdown in India started on 21 March, 2020 when the schools and churches were asked to remain closed. There was a general panic and everyone wondered what to do during the lockdown. Over the weeks, the lockdowns kept extending and the boredom increased. While the teenagers in the family cribbed about this, I started finding out positive aspects of the lockdown. Since then all the phases of the lockdowns have been turning out to be most wonderful and spiritually enriching for me.

 

Except partaking the Lord sacramentally, I have been doing much better than the earlier normal times. I have been praying more, reading more, writing more and even cooking more!

 

I have really been enjoying this lockdown and my home has become my monastery and domestic church. There is Mass in the morning, regular morning and evening prayers and some really quality time with the family members.

 

I had wanted to study the Bible regularly but there were always some distractions. But now I have joined a weekly online Bible study programme. I also study the daily verses through an app.  This lockdown has been the best time to study the Bible extensively.

 

Besides studying the Bible I have picked up hobbies to keep myself creatively busy. From painting to candle making to cutting hubby's hair, to learning foreign languages like Spanish, Italian and Latin, to tracing the history of the Carmelites to compiling a book on all the Carmelite Saints and Blesseds, I have done it all.

 

I also revived my tiny window garden by being a good plant parent and made my kids happy by trying out new recipes even though I have always hated cooking.

 

My life in the lockdown could not have been better. I have been more productive during the lockdown than the normal times. I hope this continues even after unlocking myself – I hope to live this “new normal” life as the church also opens on 28th November – the first Sunday (Saturday evening) of the Advent season!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment