My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, November 6, 2020

Blessed Frances d'Amboise

(9 May, 1427 – 4 November, 1485)

Beatified: 16 July, 1863

Optional Memoria: 5 November

“Lay everything at the foot of His cross, and rest there in peace.”

Blessed Frances D’Amboise was born, probably at Thouars, France. At fifteen years of age, she was married to Peter II, Duke of Brittany and crowned with him in the cathedral at Rennes in 1450. She was widowed in 1457 and, not wanting a second marriage, she turned towards religious life. For this purpose, she built a Carmel for sisters at Bondon in 1463 following the advice of Blessed John Soreth, Prior General of the Carmelites.

However, she herself only entered the monastery in 1468. In 1477 she transferred to the monastery at Nantes, another of her foundations. To her is due the introduction of frequent communion (daily for those who were sick) and the fourth vow of strict enclosure.

During her last moments her testament was the phrase which she had said most often during her life: “In everything, do that which will make God loved the more!”

She was beatified by Pope Pius IX in 1866.



1 comment:

  1. To whom it may concern,
    My name is Fr. Stephen Arabadjis.  I am a member of the Society of St. Pius X.  But I am in my 7th year of Sabbatical.Therefore I was hoping your group could do a 54 day rosary novena for my intentions.  But any prayers and sacrifices would be greatly appreciated.  I know Our Lady will reward you generously for this.
    In Our Lady,
    Fr. Arabadjis
    P.S. Thanking you in advance, since I don't always get all my communications. 

    ReplyDelete