My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Birthday

It was my birthday on 11 July!

Right from my childhood, my birthday has been the most exciting day of my life - come July, and I circle the 11th day on the calendar and begin the countdown! I sing and dance and make everyone sing and dance!

As my dad used to make me list down the gifts I was looking forward to, I too list down the gifts I want! This has been happening from many years now!

But suddenly something had changed! I guess since 2010 - since the year I started getting carried away by the social media. There was a pressure to look good in the photos! So I started my birthday shopping months in advance and took a lot of pain to make everything and everyone look prim and proper! I went to the beauty parlour to get the right look for the photos!

But this year there wasn't any birthday shopping and no beautifying myself at the parlour! There was a kind of transformation in my life - just like the good old days -  I realized that I could celebrate my birthday without shopping in advance and spending hours at the salon to beautify myself! 

Yes, photos still matter to me for memory sake but not to be uploaded on Facebook! I could survive without posting on Facebook and still be happy!

Also, without receiving birthday wishes on Facebook since I had hidden the birthday notification! But still many of them wished me. 

So starting from this year I have decided to celebrate my conception day also. So on 11 November I will be celebrating my conception day!

❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment