My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

TEACHERS DAY



Thus goes an old saying: “School is our second home and teachers are our second parents”

Teachers' Days (or Teachers Day) is intended to be a special day for the appreciation of teachers. Teacher's Day in India is held on September 5, on the birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, India's second President and a teacher by profession. He was also one of the most distinguished diplomats and scholars. So Teachers Day is celebrated as a mark of tribute to the contribution made by him toward the society.

Teachers have an influencing role in the life of every student. They are like beacons of light, guiding students in the formative years of their life. There was this one and only teacher named Archana in Bhilai who was ever good to me. She is my all time favourite teacher as instead of doing good, all others could only humiliate me some way or the other. But she was always good to me.

I left Bhilai in 1989 and sadly, till last week, I didn’t know anything about her. I did a bit of research on her and have found her on FB. She’s still in Bhilai and aging gracefully. She looks extremely charming. I have sent her a friend request but I really don’t know whether or not she will accept it.

As Teachers' Day aims to raise awareness of the importance of the role played by teachers all over the world, today with a sincere heart I want to pay reverence and gratitude to her for her selfless effort in shaping my mind. I firmly believe that a teacher should be a person like her who always helps everybody to get the knowledge and always stand beside the students when they have problems. I really thank her for being the best teacher of my life. Like I wrote before, she’s the only one who never ever humiliated me. She is just one that teacher. Others always managed to hurt me in some way or the other.

Thanks to FB, I have found so many classmates from sector 5 school and a few teachers as well. I always thought I will never be able to find her because I only remembered her name (Archana) and that she was my class teacher in 1988-89 (Std VIth C). And that’s it. I didn’t remember anything more about her but hey hold on, if our intentions are good; one can find anything in this world. So I have at last able to find her out in this whole wide world. And so today I feel like appreciating my most popular and beloved teacher. How I wish I could speak to her!!!

In my heart, she has a high regard and respect. On this Teacher's Day, I express my love and gratitude for my dear teacher. Therefore I have searched for Archana Miss with great enthusiasm. She was the only teacher who made me feel good about myself. And the biggest teacher who makes me feel good is obviously Jesus Christ, the greatest teacher ever – who was, who is and who will be.

Happy Teachers Day to both of them!!!

PS: Yesterday had a nice and memorable time with the Ss of the “Project T”. Totally overwhelmed by their love, affection and words – truly these came straight from their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment