My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Surprise Visitor



We had a surprise visitor on the night of 3rd September, 2013. I have not been keeping well since a long time and especially this week has been extremely bad for me. I keep getting excruciating back and shoulder pain and all my joints are stiff. I find it extremely difficult to do any work and it’s exceedingly difficult to even go anywhere out of the way. So when I had to attend the bimonthly Eucharistic Ministers meeting last night, I just didn’t want to go. But somehow I dragged myself as I hadn’t attended the last meeting as well. I didn’t want to miss it this time. Luckily, the meeting wasn’t at all boring and got over well before time.

So, while I was coming home, I met our loving parish priest, Fr. Michael. While I was talking to him, he expressed the desire to come home with me. How could I say no to him? He didn’t even allow me to inform my daughters about his visit as he wanted to give them a surprise. And so, my daughters had a surprise visitor last night.

He found Googaa “coyest” and Goldie to be having an “enigmatic smile”. He was very happy to know that we have not yet started giving them any pocket money and found it extremely delightful that they have their own savings account opened from the money they got during their respective baptisms. He found it really nice that whenever we are in urgency, they give us loan and we repay them later on. He said he will mention these all in one of his forthcoming sermons.

After Fr. Michael went away, I kept pondering about the whole incident and these Biblical words sprung up in my mind - “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me”. And that’s what He did last night. He paid my daughters a surprise visit in the form of our much loved Fr. Michael. They were extremely surprised to hear a cat meowing outside the door and further surprised when the cat happened to be their very own Fr. Michael. Truly, Jesus can come at any time and within any given generation. Nobody can know the exact time and day. We have to be alert.

So, feeling humbled and blessed and very happy as Fr. Michael prayed for peace and happiness in our home and on the kids also. Fr. Michael has such a magnetic character – all kids love him and love to go around with him. He loves them all equally and knows each one of them by face and name. He has kind and appreciative words for all of them and is never seen with a grumpy face. He is just adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment