My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, February 2, 2012

PRAYER

St. Paul’s Letters illustrate the importance of prayer. He tells us that we should “pray without ceasing”, yet sometimes or most of the times, our prayer takes a back seat. But majority of the time I insist on praying before going to sleep – it leaves all of us peaceful!


There have been times when we struggled with prayer. It seems even the Apostles turned to Jesus and said, “Lord, teach us to pray”. But I am trying to teach my children that they don’t have to say lengthy prayers and use too many words – just one line will do – Jesus will surely hear it!


I want to make prayer central to our life so that it can open the doors for us. God is waiting patiently on the other side of that door, at all times, in all situations, to join us – we just have to pray and call out to Him. He is forever there for us!


Prayer formed an important part of life for St Paul – he prayed at all times, night and day; he even remained awake late in the night to pray. We want to pray everyday and thank the Lord God for all the beautiful things He has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment