My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Know whom to avoid"

And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.


Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.


Matthew 18:8 If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.


“To know whom to avoid is a great means of saving our souls” - (St. Thomas Aquinas)


So, the question here is what causes me to sin?


Music – it stirs up my soul; so I have been avoiding songs on FM. I am trying to listen to more of hymns and spiritual songs.


Reading – I guess the same reason as above; so trying to read more of scriptures and Christian spiritual books.


Facebook – Trying to concentrate more on blogging. But I still love facebooking; and will continue to do so. Here St. Thomas Aquinas’ quotation (three lines above this) summarizes my thought process.


Well, I can’t think of anything else right now. I will go on big time penance from Ash Wednesday which is on 22nd February till Easter Sunday (8th April).







No comments:

Post a Comment