My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, February 10, 2012

COFFEE

No matter how much I try, am just not able to give up coffee! The moment I reach office I head for the coffee dispenser. Somehow, nowadays, I am unable to get through the first part of my day without my coffee. After lunch, I yearn for my green tea.

I don’t know and just don’t want to know about the adverse effects of this drink as I feel that as long as am not behaving like a bad penny, there’s really no harm in my having a simple cup of coffee everyday. What would my world be without my Lattes and Mochas and Cappuccinos – coffee is undoubtedly the elixir of my life!

I have read that coffee is much healthier than it is thought to be, and can actually work wonders for health if taken in moderation. I guess having just one cup every morning is a sure sign of moderation! Every morning it increases my alertness, is extremely rich in antioxidants and obviously helps in burning all my extra calories (which I have been gaining because of the leftover cheese sandwiches I gorge blissfully). Today also I had to eat that irresistible cheese sandwich which Goldie left while going to school!

So honestly though my one cup of coffee in the morning gives me instant energy I am definitely not addicted to it. So as long as I restrict my coffee intake to just one cup, I guess my love for coffee should not be considered that big a problem as people feel coffee is not all that innocent in nature.

And hello! The caffeine content in coffee is a vasodilator (a drug that causes dilation of blood vessels) which works to firm and tighten the complexion. Ahem! My Olay has a helping hand here!!! And you know what? Besides my skin, another beautiful aspect of my body seems to be benefited from coffee! I just found out that coffee helps in improving hair and can also minimize hair damage. Yippee! My Dove too has a companion here!!!

So now I will continue to have my daily dose of elixir with less guilt as it also believed to be a reliever of headaches. Therefore, I will continue to have coffee guiltless – coffee, my dearest, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment