My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, February 13, 2012

High blood pressure

Hello Motu,

I want to share a bad piece of news with you – I have got high blood pressure (HBP)! On Saturday I kept getting severe headaches since morning and so Golu took me to the doctor in the evening. It was at that time that I came to know about my HBP. Sadly, I have already reached stage 2 HBP as my systolic number is 160 and diastolic number 90 (160/90). No wonder, I keep getting headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath and blurred vision all the time!!!

I also have been feeling drowsy for quite sometime and developed a skin rash though I didn’t know I had HBP. Because of shortness of breath I have been finding it difficult to walk up stairs – my office is on the fourth floor and there’s no elevator in the building. Though climbing the two floors at home hasn’t been a problem yet!

It seems being physically active is one of the most important things one has to do to control HBP. I am sure I am sufficiently active though I need to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and cut down on my salt and caffeine – I will again have to give up my coffee! I have to now include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in my diet.

I had already thought of taking some relaxation therapies such as yoga and meditation in 2012. Now I guess I will have to seriously undergo these stress management medical cares.

Though HBP is called the “silent killer”, I am not all that worried for myself – its okay with me if I die soon because of stroke or a heart failure – I am worried about my kids as they are too young and still need me. I am glad that at least I have come to know why I feel restless all the time; its time to take care of myself! Since HBP often has no warning signs or symptoms, many people don’t realize they have it and I have been one of them. But now since I have come to know, I need to be very careful.

Jesus, please be with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment