My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy birthday Chestnut!!!

Today’s my Chestnut’s birthday – he along with Black – was brought home on 24th January, 2010. Had they to remain at home, it would have been their second birthday. But alas, fate had some other plans! Though they both were dear to me, Chestnut was or rather still is, my life! I still remember him – I guess every possible day – and still feel extremely sentimental about him. Nowadays whenever I go home late and happen to pass through the skywalk, I don’t see him at the cycle stand. I haven’t seen him since a very long time and my instinct for him says that he’s no more – yeah, I have a strong feeling he’s left this world – but I really hope that my instinct is really, really wrong!

But because I didn’t want to get sentimental about Chestnut and spend my day in a woebegone way, I thought of making Chestnut’s birthday further memorable for me by sending a friend request to a very sweet person on earth – I am awaiting her confirmation and trust you me, if she confirms my friend request today itself, I will be forever indebted to her – yes, because I want to make my Chestnut’s second birthday emotional and full of sweet memories.

To extend my Chestnut’s birthday celebrations little further, I also wished one of my classmates’ from St. Michael’s Durgapur on his birthday. Though I didn’t get a FB notification reminding me of his birthday, I still remembered because (no points for guessing) it also happens to be my Chestnut’s birthday. He said he was “humbled” and “pleasantly surprised” because I remembered his birthday and I didn’t want to kill his happiness by saying I remembered because it happens to be my Chestnut’s birthday. I am sure he wouldn’t have liked it a bit and so I thought it best to keep quiet.

Hopefully, I will be able to sustain this happy feeling for the rest of the day; I have generated this with great difficulty only because it’s my Chestnut’s birthday……nobody has the right to mar my happy feelings…………!

No comments:

Post a Comment