My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Year of the Dragon

2012 Chinese New Year was celebrated at midnight Monday, 23rd January, 2012. The twelve animals represent each year and they are repeated after every twelve year. So, 2012, the year of dragon will return after twelve years. The Chinese Dragon – that is me – is inspiring for the society and is expected to bring loads of good luck in 2012. This means I will have an out and out lucky 2012. Also, the Dragon is believed to suppress the wrong doers and so, 2012 Chinese New Year will bring a lot of peace and prosperity in the community and for me as well. The Dragon was a symbol reserved for the Chinese emperor, and it is considered to be an extremely auspicious sign.

2012 is all the more special because it happens to be the year of water dragon – once in every 60 years – (4709th Chinese Year) and so, this year is expected to bring prosperity and transformational change as it symbolizes power, strength and good luck. Dragon is often regarded as one of the most important signs in the zodiac – Chinese tradition dictates that those born in Dragon years tend to be brave, innovative and highly driven, regularly making it to the top of their profession. I hope I am able to achieve great professional heights in 2012.

The Chinese mythology believes that the Chinese Dragon is a legendary creature. The Dragon has mythic counterparts in the Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Bhutanese, Western and Turkic dragons. Mythology says that the Chinese dragon has control over water, rainfall, hurricane and flood. Moreover the dragon symbolizes the power, strength and good luck.

People born on the specific animal year have respective characteristics; so anyone who is born in the dragon year will certainly have some characteristics like Innovative, Enterprising, Self-assured, Brave, Passionate, Conceited (wrong), Short tempered (how true), Free and uninhibited (how true).

Of all the Dragon personalities, I like Sandra Bullock the most. I love her movie WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING.

Ahem! The women of this sign are surrounded by admirers and often demanded in marriage.

The Monkey, Snake and Rat are dream partners for the Dragon; however, it is worth remembering that the only sign that can fool the Dragon is the Monkey. And it has indeed happened. My Golu is a Monkey who has fooled this Dragon.

May is the month of the Dragon……the appraisals are due in May 2012. The time of the Dragon is from 7:00 a.m. to 8:59 a.m but I don’t think I can ever schedule such early morning meetings!!!

Compatibility – (1 - least compatible, 100 - most compatible)
Rabbit - 85 - Good team!
Monkey - 82 - Despite the differences, they’ll do just fine. Touchwood!

Since 2012 is the year of the Dragon all my qualities will come to the forefront post January. It seems my charisma will be at an all time high and people will look up to me for guidance and advice. Yippee! I make a good impression on others and people love to have me around.

Dragon people make it to the top easily as they are innovative and enterprising. I must however, closely watch myself and avoid overdoing things. By constantly being active I can tire myself out and may have to deal with stress-related issues. For this, I must take up the practice of meditation and yoga to lead a peaceful and healthier life. In short, I will have to do things on a grand scale in 2012!

April and May will be lucky months for me. East and southeast will be my lucky directions and the colors black and gold will bring luck! No wonder, I wore all-black on the night of 31st December, 2011.

Dragons are majestic and powerful, and one can’t be blamed for falling in love with one. When she walks into the room, all eyes are on her, and she is usually closely followed by several admirers. Oops! No comments here!

Dragons need a partner who will give them wise advice and words of caution, and I guess I certainly fit that description. Dragons are also more sensitive than they appear and need the admiration of others to keep their confidence up. Without the support of at least one person who loves her very much, a Dragon can plummet into despair. The emotions of a Dragon are as intense as her appeal. Nothing can be truer than this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment