My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Second Reading…!

While attending mass at the church, I always used to consider the ‘readers’ very lucky. Deep down my heart even I yearned to go for one of the Readings. On 14th May, 2010, I got a call from our animator asking whether I would be interested in doing one of the Readings. I instantly said yes. I was very so elated. That weekend I kept practicing and also went to church on Sunday morning quite earlier than the mass time. We practiced reading there as well. But as luck would have it, there was some kind of confusion and it wasn’t our turn to read on that Sunday. (Somebody had informed us wrongly that it was our community mass and we had to do the reading). Disappointed, we came back home after attending the mass.

Again on 21st May I got a call saying that the following Sunday (which happened to be Pentecost) was actually our reading day. Would I be interested? And not only that, I had to arrange for three other readers as well. So in the evening I spoke to some people and convinced them to do the reading along with me for Pentecost mass. Everything was going smoothly. I was excited and went to church well ahead of time. I was given all the instructions to read well and was given the Second Reading.

It was time for me to go on the alter and do the Reading. My heart was pounding because for the first time in my life I would be on the alter in front of so many people in the church. In my nervousness, I didn’t adjust the mike properly and it must have been little far away from my mouth because later on I was told that I was inaudible. I felt so bad. It was my first time and I goofed up. It wasn’t a nice feeling. But the feeling that it was Pentecost Sunday and I was reading for my Jesus Christ, kept me going. Whatever it is, Jesus gave me the opportunity to read and I am sure though others couldn’t hear, Jesus must have heard me distinctly. I am so glad that I got this golden opportunity of my life to read. If given another chance, I will make sure that everything goes smoothly…if only…

No comments:

Post a Comment