My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fewer, better things

"...consumers are moving towards a deeper involvement with fewer, better things" says David Lamb, the newly appointed managing director (jewellery), of World Gold Council. And I truly, firmly and undoubtedly agree with him. This statement is so deep. Unknowingly, I have been doing just that from past one year or so. Just because I have always been so fond of gold jewellery, I kept buying a lot of “ordinary” stuff all the time. Whenever I would have a good amount of money, I would rush to any jeweler to buy earrings and pendant sets. Since I didn’t like too much of plain gold, most of these were cubic zirconium (CZ) jewellery with absolutely no resale value. But I always cherished the dream of owning diamond-studded jewellery.

Then on 28th June, 2008, my long-cherished dream of buying diamond jewellery was fulfilled. I went to Tanishq to buy something from their EVERYDAY collection. That day I bought my first pair of diamond earrings. Thanks to Tanishq, since then I have disposed all my “unnecessary” gold jewellery. I got them melted and bought all diamond-studded jewellery pieces from Tanishq. So now instead of a lot of unnecessary stuff, I have “fewer better things”. I would keep telling myself that I would have fewer better things instead of all this “junk” (David Lamb has just made this statement without knowing that I think in the same line)...!

No comments:

Post a Comment