My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Kanjeevaram Saree

On 3rd December, I bought my first ever Kanjeevaram (sometimes spelled as Kanjivaram) or Kanchipuram saree. In October, while I used to go for rosaries, I had seen someone wearing one and I had asked her to get one for me. So on 3rd December I became the proud owner of a Kanjeevaram saree, a type of saree traditionally made by weavers from Kanchipuram located in Tamil Nadu. A Kanjeevaram silk saree is a magnificent creation of the craftsmen living in this small town of Kanchi, situated near Bangalore.

My first-ever Kanjee (I would like to call it so) isn’t at all a simple contrast border silk saree but has gold zari dots and patterns and definitely holds a place of pride among my various other sarees.

My Kanjee is a resplendent blue real zari pure Kanjeevaram silk saree embellished with zari work along with same material blouse. Finally, I have managed to add something ravishing with traditional touch to my wardrobe. I am so glad that I decided to own this saree because Kanjeevaram silk sarees have been able to maintain their grandeur and style even today and I feel proud to say that my saree gives out a royal look and makes me feel rich.

Since Kanchipuram sarees are a must for every bridal trousseau, I have decided to wear this saree on my thirteen wedding anniversary night on 28th December. These sarees are termed as proud possessions of womanhood and since a Kanjeevaram saree is a must have in every Indian woman's closet, now it’s there in mine.

A Kanjeevaram saree is made to last a lifetime because it will never go out of fashion. Kanjeevaram sarees are considered as heirlooms and are passed down from generations. So I guess I will have to buy another one to pass it on to my two daughters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment