My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas

“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” – Christmas celebrates Jesus Christ’s birth on December 25. I feel that the best Christmas gift of all is the “presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another” because Jesus is the reason for the season and for Him, a family means a lot!

Every year, during Christmas we decorate a Christmas tree, ideally an evergreen conifer such as pine or fir, traditionally associated with the celebration of Christmas. But this year we are going to decorate an artificial one though I am not too fond of artificial Christmas trees. We all have already got into the Christmas spirit with our wine and other traditional recipes.

Every day we are playing Christmas carols and we immensely enjoyed the four-day Mira-Bhayander Christmas Carol Carnival organized by our church. I honestly feel that Christmas time is most magical time of the year filled with unique attractions, events and activities. Honest to my Lord God, I never enjoyed any of the ‘pagan’ festivals which I used to celebrate earlier the way I enjoy this Christian festival celebrating the birth of Jesus.

I will be spending a lot of time this week scurrying around, looking for the “perfect” gift for my kids. But whatever it is, I fully agree with David Jeremiah when he said that “All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ”. How well I understand this now. Christmas (from Old English Cristes Maesse or “Mass of Christ” should be actually a reminder for us about the trials and tribulations of Jesus Christ. It should be a reminder for us that God so loved the world that He sent His only Son on earth on Christmas to redeem us from our sins. Christmas is all about Jesus and nothing else. Christmas is the bell God uses to remind us a savior was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment