My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Black & Gray

Since my star sign is Cancer, the lucky colors for me are white, silver, and at times, gray, as these are moon colors. It seems the purity of white instills a sense of tranquility and peace within me but sadly it isn’t at all my favorite color. Given a choice I will not wear white at all but since 2009 I have included a lot of whites in my wardrobe as it seems to be bringing prosperity to me. And I fully agree to it!

But my most favorite color is black – the queen of all colors! But as a Cancerian I shouldn’t be wearing too much black as it isn’t all that lucky for me. So since last 3-4 years I have stopped buying black clothes. I only wear the existing ones and that too occasionally. But I dared to usher in the New Year wearing black – and this year again I bought a few black clothes. I just can’t resist buying/wearing black because I absolutely love this color. I find black too very sexy to hold out.

After black, my second most favorite color is gray. Luckily it falls in the list of my lucky colors. To me, gray provides a bridge between black and white and opens the doors of my subtle moods. But people have termed the color gray as the color of sorrow. Nonetheless, I find gray a very attractive and yet another sexy color. Gray color is usually treated either as boring (dull gray) or as sophisticated. I find it very sophisticated – just like black!

It seems the color gray is an unemotional color. It is detached, neutral, impartial and indecisive – well, let it be – I like to wear a gray combinations with my jeans and I am sure it gives a classy look to my appearance. Same with black – I feel that jeans should always be worn either with a gray or a black top as it gives out an authoritative and powerful look – black evokes strong emotions!

Though I guess black is the most misunderstood color, for me it’s exceedingly sexy and represents authority, wealth and modernity and also creates an aura of mystery. I feel high whenever I wear a black outfit – black is often used in fashion because of its slimming quality. I feel elegant and classy – black will forever be stylish – it will never go out of fashion as it’s simply timeless!

Same with gray – even gray is a color which is perceived as classic. It never fails to give out a sleek and refined appearance to me. It is a color in which I look dignified. With this I end my post and my concluding words are that both black and gray are great colors and since I look good in them both, I would like to wear more of these hues!

PS: an after-thought. Since my birthday shopping is already done, I think the colors for my wedding anniversary this year should be black and gray (with a fringe of silver on it) and since it’s still some months away, I have all the time in the world to start shopping. So the color theme for this year will definitely be black and gray……oh hurray!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment