My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tipsy Tuesday

It’s a tipsy Tuesday for me today. In fact, not just today…… I have been feeling tipsy since past so many days. This weekend was most hectic because of Jemimah’s First Holy Communion (FHC) on 30th April. Though the preparations were on since the last one month or so, to arrange for so many guests and to see that everything goes smoothly is a humongous task. There are always some last minute hassles. But we made sure that this event was a memorable one for Jemimah and indeed it was. She was so happy.

Now the next big thing is on 10th May when both Jemimah and Jewel are going to be the ‘flower girls’ for somebody’s wedding. How happy I am! They will look so pretty in their brown lace short dresses. The three of us went to a tailor in Vasai yesterday for measurements. I saw a sample of the dress. It’s so pretty. I am so excited now though I was dead tired at that time. After work, I went home to pick them up and then we went to Vasai. It was a long and tiring day for me; that’s why I am feeling so intoxicated today. There’s hardly any sleep.

I visited Vasai after so many years yesterday. I thought I would get sentimental after seeing good old Vasai but fortunately, Vasai is no longer the ‘good old Vasai’. It has totally changed. I could hardly recognize any landmarks. Everything has changed. The only thing I could identify with was State Bank of India (my first ever savings account). It still wears the same old boring look.

I feel all the more tipsy because I couldn’t read anything in the train today. I was reading the short stories by Edgar Allan Poe but I stopped reading them yesterday. I took out the book from my handbag to take another book but I forgot to do so in the morning. All the stories are so disgusting. All Poe writes about is death – all his stories revolve around murder – and he takes so much pleasure in writing how he murders and then hides the dead bodies. Be it of his wife or friend or pet cat or even old men. How could anyone write such hideous stories? It amazes me! So I had to stop reading and in the process forgot to carry a new book because the mornings are truly chaotic nowadays. The kids have their summer holidays and it is so difficult to wake them up. It is truly a Herculean task to wake them up in the morning. They behave so stubborn. Then I have to dress them and leave them at the crèche. I prefer school days when everything happens systematically and on time. This will be on till the time the school reopens. And that will be more than a month. I am already tired.

I sported a new look for Jemimah’s FHC by straightening (temporary) my curly hair but my curls (permanent) love me so much that they find it so difficult to leave me. They are back! But honestly, even I love my curls and am so happy to get them back. They are truly mine….they will never leave me! I didn’t want to change my profile picture and upload the album in this new look. I didn’t want any comments but hubby dear insisted that I should do so. He says he loves to read the comments (I am sure he must be the only husband on earth who feels that). I would have felt so jealous had I been in his place. Moreover, like a friend quipped, the occasion of FHC has been totally sidelined by the mad caps and all are just remarking on my looks. My poor daughter! I will upload more FHC photographs later on.

Oh my poor head! It aches. It aches, aches, and aches so much…and I am so very sleepy…..I need coffee!

PS: I will be busy for some time now with the newsletter. So not very sure of the next posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment