My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, May 16, 2011

Orange birthday

This weekend was not the ‘weak end’ of my life because I had started preparing myself mentally for the battle over the weekend by Friday evening itself. On Friday, I finished reading ‘The God of Small Things’ and took up ‘The Count of Monte Cristo’. I didn’t want my heart to start thinking too much. These two books mean the world to me and I don’t mind reading them again and again and again to control my jumpy nerves.

On Saturday, I suggested a surprise picnic for the kids. So we went to Sanjay Gandhi national park. This trip did me a whole lot of good and here I am today on a Monday morning in an absolutely cheerful disposition. On Saturday evening, I bought an orange corduroy trouser for myself. And dear blog, you know what? It’s much more beautiful than the purple one also. So I am really in a quandary. I guess the color for my birthday will be ‘orange’ this year because I have already bought an orange wrap-around short skirt for myself (dinner wear) and now this orange corduroy trouser. I am afraid I will be wearing the purple corduroy trouser on 19th June and not on my birthday on 11th July. This Saturday happened to be indeed an ‘orange’ one – in the night I ended up watching RANG DE BASANTI – my most favorite Aamir Khan movie and in case I haven’t shared with you before, orange happens to be my most favorite fruit.

I spent my entire Sunday on bed with ‘The Count of Monte Cristo’……Hmmm, he’s so incredibly nice…Sorry darling for being so cheeky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment