My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Confessions of a momma!

8th May is Mother’s Day. What the heck! I won’t write anything clichéd. Instead, I would like to write that my daughters are the naughtiest children on earth and I confess that I find it very difficult to handle them. They are very stubborn and they don’t listen to me at all especially when they are together which all the time (touchwood) is.

I confess that I was very happy when I conceived for the first time but was miserable when I came to know of my second pregnancy. I wasn’t too keen for a second child. It just happened. I confess that now I am more tilted towards my younger daughter (don’t know why).

I confess that I love them more than my husband (is it the umbilical attachment?) though I keep shouting and screaming and spanking them. But I get angry when my husband shouts at them. I don’t want ‘anyone’ to be bad with them. I get annoyed when my mother shows more affection to my nephew than my daughters. Sometimes I feel that she does too much with my nephew to be in their good books.

Though I shout and spank, I am very proud of them both especially because they are daughters. I feel so proud when they come out with flying colors in their exams. I like to gift them at those times. Every time. I shower them with gifts. In her last assessment, Jemimah got 14 and half marks out of 15 in History.

So today when I go for shopping, I will buy a lot of gifts for them on the pretext of Mother’s Day. They irritate me so much in the mornings, they irritate me so much in the evenings, they don’t listen to me, they keep their room untidy, they watch television all the time, they fight with each other like cats and dogs and drag me also in their fights, but but but…..but one thing is for sure….I love them a lot. They make my life complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment