My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Why him?

One question which my father asked me while getting married to my Golu was “Why him?” Till date, though people don’t say it aloud, wonder “Why him?”

It’s HIM because he’s the most wonderful person on this earth. I know he’s not the best looking, but what I can blindly vouch for is that he has the best loving heart. He has a wonderful, best looking, best loving heart – all for me!

It’s HIM because I can trust him till the end of my life. Though my entire family was apprehensive of our match, I am glad I went against them, and got married to him. That’s the wisest decision I have ever taken in my life.

It’s HIM because he came into my life when I was at the lowest point in my life – financially and emotionally – he proposed to me by saying “I want to marry a girl like you” and not by the clichéd opt-repeated “I love you”. Though I had my own initial qualms about this relationship, I have grown to love him over the years.

It’s HIM because when I met him, I was an ugly duckling and he accepted me with all my ugliness and gawky behavior. I was penniless. It’s HIM because he accepted me because of what I was – a lonely girl battling it out with the bad, bad world. He promised to take care of me and keep me under his umbrella safe and sound. Till date he hasn’t broken his promise.

That’s why it’s HIM and not anybody else. It will always be so. It pains me when I hurt him – intentionally and unintentionally – I will never ever hurt him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment