My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Tom & Jerry are away!

My Tom & Jerry (Jemimah & Jewel) are away. They have gone to stay at my brother’s place as their final exams got over very early this year. So they are enjoying themselves with their cousin.

I will be going to my brother’s place tomorrow to get them back. In the meantime, I am buying a lot of surprise gifts for them. It’s not that I don’t buy presents for them but buying things for them now when they are away is something that I am enjoying a lot. Every day I buy something and go on keeping these items on their bed. I am not going to tell anything to them about these gifts. I want to see the expression on their face when they see all these things for them.

Like I wrote on FB yesterday, absence is making my heart fonder for them. The house is so quiet and spic and span without them. I feel lonely without them in the night. They both have the habit of sleeping on my arm – Goldie on the right and Googaa on the left – my arms ache when they sleep for too long. But now they feel so light. As Golu too is working late hours nowadays, I feel all the more lonely. I try to keep myself engrossed by reading but after a while I get bored of reading also. That’s human tendency. Too much of anything isn’t good enough. Life should be proportionate. Tonight will be the fourth night without them both but it seems such a long, long time. Tomorrow night I will be with them. Saturday they will be back home…yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment