My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No skill in sense to make distinction

“....which of them both is dearest to me - I have no skill in sense to make distinction”.

This line is from “All's Well That Ends Well” by William Shakespeare. I was reading this play online when I came across this sentence and it immediately struck me. Here is a line which is so much connected to my life.

My two daughters, who are like two peas in a pod, are so much dear to me and my hubby, that we both really don’t have any skills to make distinction between the two. Till date, we haven’t done so and I always pray to Jesus Christ that we shouldn’t do so anytime. They mean a lot to us and how can we make any distinction between these two cute little angels.

Right from the day Goldie was born; I made it a practice with me to buy things in pairs. I always make sure that when I buy a certain thing for Jemimah, there should be a similar thing for Goldie as well. When I do something for Goldie, I make sure that I do it for Jemimah as well. I don’t want any comparisons, any negativity, and any sibling rivalry between the two.

When Jemimah joined karate classes three years back, I wanted Goldie to join too. But she was too young to be enrolled for karate so I waited three years. Now they both go for karate classes happily, hand in hand, and it’s such a pretty sight. They both go for vocal singing classes and Jemimah is learning guitar and Goldie keyboard. They themselves wanted it this way.

As far as possible, we try to create similarity for them both. For this very reason, when I adopted Chestnut and Black, I brought both of them home as even they used to be together and I didn’t want to separate them from each other’s company. Now even though they fight with each other, they are very loving and this is so much like the bonhomie shared between Jemimah and Jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment