My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

“…kitne deewane mere…”

Yesterday the world celebrated Music Day and the listeners of Hindi retro songs at 104.8 FM were given a dose of all Asha Bhosle specials. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to RJ Komal yesterday who kept supplying us with some great solo numbers of Asha Bhosle who is my all-time favourite singer. Today Komal will treat us to some R D Burman numbers as 27th June happens to Panchamda’s birthday.

Well, attention all R D Burman fans. Tune in to 104.8 FM between 2 to 5 pm for a surprise treat…

Asha Bhosle has sung all kinds of songs: be it a club number, sad song, bhajan, ghazal, pop…she sounds wonderful, vivacious, versatile…in any type of songs. She is truly a reigning diva and no one can match her till date. She is THE playback singer in Bollywood.

Out of the 13,000 songs that she has sung, I requested for two of my most favourite numbers. At first, I asked for, “raat akeli hai” and later on I dedicated “do lafzo ki hai dil ki kahani” to Asha Bhosle herself. I just adore these two songs though all her songs are the best. I am one of her innumerable fans and love her versatile singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment