My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, April 3, 2023

That Expensive Ointment

Dear DLL Jesus,

Yesterday was Palm Sunday - your triumphant entry into Jerusalem - and I had been privileged enough to carry the banner of our community - the community started by our Spiritual Director Fr. Melvin in October 2015. I was the first PPC member of our community. But I couldn't handle the post as I could not please the people who were up against me. But the present PPC member has approached me to be an animator - what do you want me to do Lord? I am thinking of taking it up as we should also be serving our community. Lord, please let me know your thoughts and your will on this.

Meanwhile Lord, please help me to faithfully walk with you in this Holy Week - the most crucial week of the year - Lord, help me to feel what you felt when you had to journey this most important week then. Let me journey with you faithfully even though the GJS show has come up as a distraction for me during the Easter Triduum - I know it is a trial for testing my faith as I have journeyed faithfully with you during the entire Lenten season - the GJS show exactly from Good Friday 7 April till Monday 10 April is going to be a tester of my love for you. Lord, help me to conquer these testing days and like you let me come out triumphant on Easter morning - help me to be good and faithful to you Lord!

"Mary therefore took a pound of expensive ointment made from pure nard and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume."

These are yet another favourite verses from the gospel. It is time to do this during the Holy Week. I started it yesterday when I went to the Palm Sunday procession and today to begin the 40 hours of adoration. Last night I went to sleep after midnight but you made it possible for me to wake up early at 4:30 am. I thought since the morning Mass was anticipated for 6 am even the Lauds would be said early. So I reached the church at 5:23 am. But the Lauds were not said. I said it alone before the Mass.

After the Mass, the Monstrance was exposed for 40 hours of adoration. I left a little while later because I will be again going at 8 pm for the community adoration.

I want to be like Mary Lord and anoint your feet with my love. It was her love for you that made her do it - use the most expensive ointment and wipe your feet with her hair. I wish to imitate her - what should I do Lord, what is that one expensive thing that I have that you would like to be anointed with? Please help me to identify it, Lord. Once you help me to identify that one thing I will anoint your feet with that. And let my house and my heart with filled with the fragrance of that one thing.👏



No comments:

Post a Comment