My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Diwali

Good morning my Jesus!

Soon it will be your festival - Diwali - the festival of Lights!❣️

My favourite festival since my childhood but during my RCIA I was told that I can't celebrate any Hindu festival! How disheartening it was for me because Diwali was the only festival I enjoyed the most because I could me myself!

In Bhilai, I enjoyed a lot during Diwali. I made rangolis every day and made this thing called "Ghar kunda" and decorated it beautifully according to my abilities. I burst crackers in the afternoon itself and then would cry in the night because I had no crackers left while others were bursting them.

Basically it was fun because I could be myself. Unlike the Vanity Fair, I could be alone and not get bothered by the jazzi essentials. I guess I celebrated in Vasai also.

Then everything stopped!

But then thanks to the Liturgical Inculturation session during the catechists training course in 2015. Here we were told about the true meaning of Diwali! We actually celebrated Diwali by making rangolis with flowers and colourful rangoli powder. We applied chandan tikkas and even celebrated an Indian-style Mass!❣️❣️

Thanks to that I started celebrating Diwali again since 2016. This photo is of 2016. In 2016, Diwali was on 29th October. This year it's on 14th November. 

Now I know why I always enjoyed celebrating Diwali - because it is your festival; festival of Lights! You knew me then but sadly I didn't know you!

Late have I known you Lord!

But it's better late than never!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment