My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekend :(

Somehow I have started disliking weekends. Gradually, they are turning out to be just the ‘weak ends’ of my life. Earlier, I would have great plans for the weekend and on Fridays I would be in the best of my spirits. But nowadays Fridays bring in this dreadful feeling that weekend will soon be here. It’s quite sometime now since I have been feeling like this. I have tried every possible remedy to cheer me up but I end up feeling miserable on Friday afternoons. My spirit sags on all Friday afternoons. Right now I am at my lowest of spirits….just don’t know how to cheer myself up. Just don’t know what to do. I feel like crying and tearing my hair apart. Against all the clichés of “Monday morning blues”, I guess I am at my best disposition on a Monday morning. I enjoy my “Monday to Thursday” life. I just don’t know what I should be doing to perk up my Fridays as well.

Unlike others, I don’t need a weekend to cheer me up. For me, it’s the week days that keep me cheerful. Like others I too go crazy on a weekend but in a totally different way – I go crazy because my weekends lack a proper schedule – nothing happens as per my liking during weekends. I feel laziest, loneliest and lousiest on Friday evenings. Somehow, I clam up in my shell. Something or the other invariably always goes wrong on a Friday afternoon that ruins my entire Saturday and Sunday. This has been happening since last so many months now. I guess somebody out there must have cursed my weekends. Somehow there’s no fun, laughter and happiness – all these crucial elements associated with a weekend is just missing in my life!

I fear to tell anyone in the family that there’s a dread attached to my weekends. I am sure they will not understand what I feel on a weekend. No matter how hard I try to not ruin their weekend, I end up fighting, screaming and howling more on weekends than on week days. I just don’t know why it happens to me. I don’t want to make anyone’s life miserable but it’s just that all Friday evenings haunt me. I want to get rid of this haunted feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment