My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, May 17, 2012

In Christ….

While I was in the second year of my two-year Bible Study course, we were learning about all the letters of St. Paul. I believe for sure that I was “touched upon” by the life of St. Paul. So captivated was I by the writings of St. Paul on Jesus Christ that I borrowed a book from our parish library to read more about St. Paul. I can say with conviction that St. Paul changed my feelings for Christ forever!


St. Paul says that “conversion is a change of mind and change of life, a turning towards God and a turning away from sin”. I so much want to emulate St. Paul’s life unto mine. I strongly want to a better person in Christ Jesus and imbibe some of his valuable teachings in my day to day activities.


“The father’s pruning makes the fruitful branch even more fruitful” is a sentence which I came across in the book which I got from the library. I guess this one line fully describes my life right now and hopefully I can comprehend some of the present happenings in my life. I guess, Jesus wants me to be more faithful to Him. He wants more and more of me!!!


I also read – PAUL Guide to Christian Living – by Dr. George Kaitholil SSP. Like St. Paul (a man who was literally seized by Christ) even I feel as if I have been ‘seized’ by St. Paul. He so completely did give himself to Christ that everything in his life and teaching converges on Christ crucified. Though not so strongly, but I feel a miniscule percent of this ‘seizure’ working on my mind right now. When I awake every morning, I just “surrender” myself and my entire day to Christ Jesus and pray that He should take the centre stage in my life not only for that particular day but for all the days to come. I want Jesus to be the driver of my life so that my life doesn’t derail anymore.


In 1 Corinthians 15 St. Paul reasoned, “If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. We are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead”.


In that same chapter he says “If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins”. Though I never had any doubts in the resurrection of Jesus, today again I profess my faith in his death and resurrection and welcome Him once again to be the driving force of my life and come out of all the sins.


Just few words – Jesus, please be with me all the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment