My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jesus Christ

I started working on this post yesterday when I was feeling spiritually drained off and detached from my savior Jesus Christ. So I just started collecting facts about Him. Even after doing this, by evening I was miserable and night brought in fresh woes for me. Before there could be further spiritual and psychological damage, I read few passages from Luke’s gospel before going to sleep. When I awoke this morning and surrendered my day to the Lord, though I knew I was spiritually reattached to him, little did I know that He had something beautiful in store for me. To affirm my spiritual reconnection with Christ, I got this crucial second call from our St. Joseph Church’s catechesis informing me about the first teachers’ meeting which will be held on 10th June. This can only mean that I have been considered as a Sunday school teacher. Yippee! This calls for spiritual celebration and so I intend to finish this post about Jesus Christ with renewed spirit though this paragraph has actually no link with the rest of the matter. But it had to be included as a brief background portraying my frame of spiritual mind yesterday.

Jesus Christ or Jesus of Nazareth (c. 5 BC – c. 30 AD) is the Messiah and the Son of God and the central figure of Christianity.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made. Jesus Christ is our Savior and His life and teachings are the way to peace and happiness. It has always been for me because along with redeeming the entire human race, He has brought redemption for me. Alleluia!!!

Research shows that Jesus Christ is the greatest person ever! Nobody else in history can compare with Him. More books have been written about Him than any other person. One of the mysteries of the Bible has always been where Jesus was during his twenties. There is a huge gap in the biography from puberty until He appeared for His baptism by John the Baptist. As far as I am concerned, whatever little I know about Him is enough to trust Him as my savior and redeemer and lord because He has loved me immensely and forgiven all my sins.

In one of the passages Jesus has said, “Come to me and I will give you rest My Yoke is easy. My burden is light”. How true! He has given me rest from my desperation and restlessness and healed all my physical, spiritual and psychological setbacks. He’s the one for me and I will forever love Him.

Jesus Christ is the person/Lord/Son of God who changed the world forever with His teachings of love and faith, using logical parables like the Prodigal Son. Jesus Christ was hailed by the people of Judaea as the Messiah and Savior. He’s the most shining personality of all history. Besides being the Son of God, He’s the King of kings. Our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ is the incarnate Second Person of the Holy Trinity, the only begotten Son of God, fully God and fully man. He’s Yeshua (Hebrew for “Jesus”), really the promised Messiah of Israel (Hebrew for “Christ”) of the Old Testament. He’s Iesous, the Greek form of Joshua or Jeshua, contracted from Jehoshua, meaning help of Jehovah, or Savior; Christos, anointed. The composite Jesus Christ character consists of God, man, king, carpenter, conqueror, peace-maker, dispenser of justice, and advocate of love….All in one……….!!!

Jesus lived 2000 years ago and was a great teacher who impacted the world from His time forward. Jesus is called “the firstborn of all creation,” for He was God’s first creation. Christian doctrine holds that His crucifixion and resurrection are the most important events in human history. On the cross, the Lord shed His precious blood to pay for our sins and transgressions. The blood of Jesus saves us from both the guilt AND the power of sin.

Feasting upon the words of Christ is one of the best ways for us to learn about Jesus Christ, to become more like Him, to draw near unto Him….Jesus Christ is the only answer to our sins. He is the only one who can bring us back to God. Through His crucifixion and resurrection, Jesus made salvation possible for all of mankind. He died on the Cross and rose from the grave. For us….for you….for me………..!!!

PS: Something beautiful happened while I was proof-reading this post. Yet another sign that Jesus loves me a lot………

No comments:

Post a Comment