My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, March 19, 2012

Rejoice Sunday

Yesterday, 18th March, was Rejoice Sunday. Rejoice Sunday denotes the fourth Sunday of the season of Lent and is also known as Laetare or Rose Sunday because the golden rose sent by the popes to Catholic sovereigns used to be blessed at this time. The term ‘Laetare’ Sunday is used predominantly, though not exclusively, by Roman Catholics and Anglicans. The word translates from the Latin ‘laetare’, singular imperative of ‘laetari’ to ‘rejoice’.

This Sunday is also known by some other names such as Mothering Sunday, Refreshment Sunday, and Mid-Lent Sunday (in French mi-carĂªme). I believe its called Rejoice Sunday as its mood and theme is one of hope and rejoicing that Easter is near.
Rejoice Sunday was indeed full of rejoice for me and Golu. Firstly, we both completed our two-year diploma course in Bible studies and yesterday we were given our certificates. It was such a proud moment for us both – for two long years we perseveringly studied the Bible – right from Genesis to Revelation and so this certificate is so very precious for us.

Secondly, I registered myself as a Sunday school teacher and when the Sunday school reopens in June, I will hopefully be teaching one of the classes there. One of my exclusive reasons for studying the Bible was to become a Sunday school teacher.

Thirdly, and most importantly, I attended my first ever inner healing retreat yesterday at our church. And guess what? This inner healing retreat was by none other than Sister Usha Mary. Actually, this retreat was scheduled from 16 to 18 March in our parish but I could attend only the last day. Though I missed out the first two days, I felt so wonderful even on the last day. That is why we celebrated and rejoiced over this weekend!

And in celebrating we were reminded that we have much to rejoice in with our God; rejoice because we are half way through Lent; Easter will be here soon.

Rejoice Sunday! Rejoice Always. Rejoice in the Lord always; pray without ceasing. Give Thanks in all circumstances. Alleluia……

No comments:

Post a Comment