My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, March 16, 2012

Change

“Change my heart oh Lord, make it ever new; change my heart oh Lord, may I be like you”

According to Wikipedia, change means “the process of becoming different” and this is exactly what I had wanted last year around the same time. At long last, this change has been in effect from 13th March, 2012.

Well, the dictionary meaning of change is “to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone” and according to Stanford encyclopedia of philosophy “change is so pervasive in our lives that it almost defeats description and analysis. One can think of it in a very general way as alteration”. In a nutshell, the course of my life has altered.

It is also written somewhere that “change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through ‘continuous struggle’ and so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom” because he who rejects change is the architect of decay. And so I didn’t reject it; I welcomed it positively with my arms open wide. And of course after much brainstorming and with due approval from my Golu because as Mahatma Gandhi said I wanted to “be the change that (you) I wished to see (in the world) me.

They always say time changes; it indeed has – for me!

Change is hard for most people and I am finding it a bit difficult to acclimatize myself with this change. Right now it is all Greek, Hebrew and Latin for me but I am sure I will be able to familiarize myself in a while provided the change doesn’t change itself. Things are not all that hunky dorie and systematic and punctual at home right now (as it used to be earlier). Nothing happens on time nowadays but I am sure everything will be alright soon. “There are no worries”. Hakuna matata!!!

Change can sometimes be scary and truly I am little apprehensive about this change. But it’s a welcome change which I had so much wanted around this same time last year. It has finally happened this year – the year of the dragon!

I hope I will enjoy and sustain this change. It’s said that “when we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves” because this will give me my much needed sabbatical which I had been yearning for quite some years now. Hopefully I will be able to pursue a lot of other beautiful things which I have always wanted to do it my life.

The adventure of life is to learn and I am learning this change. And I really have to learn a lot for this change. I have started from scratch and I hope I will be able to excel in this. The challenge of life is to overcome and I am confident that I will be able to overcome all challenges provided the change doesn’t challenge me.

People look for ways to make changes in life, to make things more positive and uplifting and so have I.

No comments:

Post a Comment