My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Understanding of Biblical Verses

Dear DLL Jesus,

I am extremely thankful to you for making me understand the Biblical verses through daily happenings of my life!

From last so many days now Lord you are making me understand but I keep forgetting to write them down! I have forgotten them all but two!

So let me write about these two before I forget these as well!

1) Everything is vanity.......

The meaning of the word vanity is "excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements".

Here I will take only one part of the meaning because you explained to me the meaning of the above verse in context to my birthday!

Every year, from last ten years now, by this time I do so much of shopping for my birthday! I not only shop for my own self but for everyone at home and my shopping is completely done for my birthday in July. I only keep counting the days!

But this year because of the lockdown I have not done anything! I have not bought anything either for myself or anyone at home! There are no chances of going to the beauty parlour also!

So a couple of days back when I was thinking about my birthday, the above verse came into my mind - everything is vanity - and I immediately understood its true meaning!

I understood that all the shopping was for the admiration of my own appearance - to look good on my birthday, click photos and upload on Facebook! How shallow everything has been for me for the last ten years! How shallow I have become because of social media!

2) Now, the second revelation that came to me was just in the afternoon when I was mopping the floor!

No particular biblical verse but something about your love and mercy on me for being obedient to you!

Yesterday evening I had shifted the banana plant to the kids window. In the morning when I was watering the plants, I saw it fallen down and its leaves were all chewed up by Minnie. So I was upset with her! I had made this known to her!

In the afternoon when I was mopping the floor, Minnie was moving around from one room to the other! So I told her to sit at one place till I finished mopping! And she actually sat down!!!

And I was very happy!

So I told her momma is very happy with you for being obedient and I am not angry anymore for what you did to the banana plant!

The moment I said these words, I thought of the love and mercy of God! I understood that you, O lord, are very happy when we are obedient to you! You delight in our obedience to your words and forgive all our past offences! We are your favourite ones and your anger is only for a short while! I understood everything!

I also understood today's first reading about king Ahab! I have been following his behaviour in the readings and cannot imagine how he could be so inobedient!

So, thank you Lord for making me understand the scriptures at a personal level!

😇😇


No comments:

Post a Comment