My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, September 14, 2015

Return from Exile




Yesterday, while I was teaching my catechism class of standard VII on the above topic, I found myself saying that “we all go through an exile in our life which is the purification time for us”. I don’t know what made me say this. I had been preparing for this lesson for such a long time and during the preparation time, this thought never occurred to me. It was only in the class while teaching that I found myself saying this.

And I like what I said.

Later on when I was evaluating myself for this class, I was feeling happy that I said this. I also told the students that we should purify ourselves during this exile and return to the Lord who loves us so very much.

I kept thinking about this all throughout yesterday. I felt nice to realize that in 2010 I had gone into a similar kind of exile – I was a captive of my own thoughts and deeds and when I finally returned from this by mid-2012, I was somewhat a purified person. I was in an exile for close to two years but God must have seen something worthy in me and didn’t allow me to remain in exile for too long – I was returned to my native land through a conversion of my heart – I was purified and made into a new being – a Catechist.

Since then I have grown from strength to strength and reached where I am today because of my faith in Jesus Christ and His blessings upon me. I am a changed person because of the exile experience in my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment