My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Baptism of love



I am reading this book titled CO-HEIRS WITH CHRIST written by Dr. Fio Mascarenhas. In the fourth chapter it is written that “the ‘baptism of love’ which is the experience of the Holy Spirit pouring the love of God into one’s heart, inserts one into a new faith-dimension”. At the end of the chapter, Dr. Fio writes, “…I can more easily perceive the wisdom and the beauty of God’s plan for the world, and for me personally. I now feel thrilled and greatly privileged to say ‘yes’ to the Lord’s call to partnership”.

Again, the story of my life! Though I was baptized in 2001, it was not before 2010 that I experienced the actual pouring of God’s love into my heart which inserted into me a new faith-dimension. Since 2001 to 2010 – nine years – I was just an ordinary Convert into Christianity. I went to church because I had to but I didn’t have the required faith. I didn’t disrespect and hate Jesus but I didn’t love Him the way I was meant to.

But Jesus always loved me and had a plan for me – He had not brought me out of darkness into His marvelous light for no reason at all – He had big, big plans for me which I was obviously unaware of. So in mid-2010, He put me into an exile and for two years made me suffer – but as per the beauty of God’s plan, this suffering was only to purify me – having undergone this suffering, after the end of two years, I was “greatly privileged to say ‘yes’ to the Lord’s call to partnership” in His ministry – first as an Animator, then Catechist and then the biggest privilege of all – Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

Wow, what a feeling, what a privilege.

The baptism of love!!!

So, it took me nine years to experience this baptism of love, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit – the pouring of God’s love into my heart which inserted into me a new faith-dimension. I am so glad of all these – I am indeed privileged…!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment