My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Feast of St. Mathew



Yesterday was the feast of St. Mathew, one of the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ.

In the daily Bible diary, it was written about Mathew that “there was something strange and compelling in the way that Jesus looked at Mathew, invited him to follow Him, and led the way forward. Mathew, for his part, never turned back, once he met the Lord”.

That made me think. Well, isn’t this true for me as well? Since the time Jesus has invited me to follow Him, I have led the way forward. I have also not turned back since the time I have met the Lord. I have kept moving forward in my life in full faith. Jesus has been the biggest source of inspiration in my life.

It was also written that Mathew is “one of the greatest instances in the New Testament of Jesus’ power to see in a man, not only what he was, but also what he could be. No one ever had such faith in the possibilities of human nature as Jesus had”.

Well, Jesus must have had that very faith in the possibilities of my nature as well – and trust in my potential – He must have known from the very beginning that He could use me in His vineyard. That’s why He must have kept me safe from the snares of the world and didn’t allow me to waver much in life. In order to purify me for my role as His disciple, He tested only till the point I could bear – He must have known my capacity and restricted my waywardness.

Like I wrote in my earlier post, it was a purification time for me, the exile of my life wherein I was able to come out a renewed person, just after the requirements of Jesus’ heart so that He could rely on me as His disciple. I am so very glad that I went through this testing time and with the guidance of Jesus, have become what He wants me to be.

I am also sure that this is just the tip of the iceberg – Jesus has a lot of wonderful plans for me and preparing me for it – He will reveal all these plans in His time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment