My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, July 17, 2015

Dress Code...




Every place and event has its appropriate dress code.

In the church, I cannot dress the way I dressed up for my birthday.

As an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, I have to foster a deeper respect and reverence at the Eucharistic Celebration or the Mass. I have to worthily serve at the altar of the Lord and for this, dress respectfully and with decorum. For us, casual dresses are inappropriate and do not meet the standards for assisting at the Eucharist. As Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, we have a very important role in the sacred action of the Eucharistic Celebration. Our attire should demonstrate our appreciation of the role we play as we are Christ's faithful. As Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion we should show the greatest reverence for the Most Holy Eucharist by our demeanor, attire, and the manner in which we conduct ourselves.

Likewise, as a Catechist, I should be dressed properly and modestly, in particular, to set an example for the students as we expect the students to dress in attire appropriate to a visit to the church. As a Catechist, I demonstrate the qualities of a person who has responded to the call of Jesus Christ and therefore, my attire should be appropriate for the Mass – modest and respectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment