My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Emerald Green




Well, if anyone has carefully read my earlier post, the colour theme of my 16th Wedding Anniversary is Emerald Green. The alternate colours are Red or Silver. And like I mentioned in the earlier post, I want to start shopping for my sixteenth wedding anniversary for the year 2015 and to avoid making it too much greenish, I would surely add a splash of red and silver and also leopard print. I won’t go wrong with my green attire paired with a leopard accent.

Talking about emerald, also called emerald green, it is a tone of green that is particularly light and bright, with a faint bluish cast. The name derives from the typical appearance of the gemstone emerald. The first recorded use of emerald as a colour name in English was in 1598.

Emerald is a brilliant, deep green, like that of the gemstone from which it takes its name. William Shakespeare was one of the early adopters of emerald as a colour name in the 1600s; prior to that, the term, which comes to us from the Greek smaragdos meaning "green gem," was bound to the precious green stone of beryl.

So, peach colour will take a backseat now to begin shopping for emerald green.

No comments:

Post a Comment