My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Oreo




It happens to be my favourite biscuit brand. Incidentally, it’s the only biscuit brand that I like to have. I love the taste of it – l like to dip them in either tea or coffee and enjoy myself! It’s a kind of luxury for me and it rejuvenates me to the core. But I will have to stop my luxurious enjoyment from June onwards because I will not be able to afford them anymore. I will have to give up my luxury.

Much more than that, as an act of sacrifice, I want to give up eating Oreo till July 11. I will have coffee and Oreo on my birthday – not before that! It’s kind of small act of penance for the Lord to listen to my prayers for giving us back the financial condition we used to enjoy before this crisis struck us! It’s not that the Lord doesn’t listen to my prayers; it’s just that I want to sacrifice a bit to earn what I deserve. We weren’t rolling in luxury but maybe us or rather I was insensitive to the need of others. It’s quite possible that I was blind to someone’s financial need or maybe I was taking life too easily. So I ask pardon from God for being insensitive to someone’s need or unknowingly and unintentionally laughing or commenting on someone’s financial situation.

And so as an act of penance, I give up my most favourite Oreo till my birthday – 11th July – my most favourite day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment