My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, September 2, 2011

My third Levi’s

I guess the first few stumbling blocks to my shopping for Christmas, 12th Wedding Anniversary and New Year are finally taken care of and I have at last started shopping for all these back-to-back events in December. Firstly, let me tell you about the cost of that sexy navy blue top which I saw at Wills Lifestyle that day. Ahem! Well, this particular top turned out be a designer wear priced at Rs. 4499/-. When I saw the designer label and the price tag, I quietly came out of the store pretending not to like it. Needless to say, I was highly disappointed and strolled towards my favorite Levi’s store at Colaba like a dog with its tail down and in-between the legs. But the moment I entered the Levi’s store, I soon got over my disappointment and quickly forgot all my displeasure. Within no seconds, I had selected one dark blue Levi’s jeans (my third pair) and a grey T-shirt to wear with that.

I believe that I look good and feel great in grey, white and black t-shirts but unfortunately, black isn’t a very lucky color for me professionally and so from last two years I have stopped buying black colored clothes. Once in a while I wear the existing black ones so that they can become old faster. Earlier, I used to love black colored clothes a lot and my entire wardrobe was filled with black clothes. But from the time I have realized that it only brings me bad luck, I have totally stopped buying and wearing black. Now I have a fetish for white and grey tops for all my jeans. So, the gist of the story is that, instead of that one expensive and sexy designer wear, I bought one jeans and one tee in much lesser the amount.

Yesterday, while we were going to shop for Goldie’s seventh birthday on 30th September, somehow the topic of dogs started in the car between me, Googaa and Goldie. Seeing our passion for dogs, Golu said that if we three love dogs so very much, he doesn’t mind getting a good breed puppy for us but no more a street dog. He said that he’s ready to buy a Labrador puppy for us provided the puppy doesn’t trouble him too much. We three have been on cloud nine since then but weighing all the pros and cons, I know the entire responsibility of the dog will fall on my head as the puppy will have to be taken care of like a baby. One needs to be with it all the time which is definitely not possible. We are unable to give that much time even to our daughters; forget about dogs.

To shake off my inhibitions for anything new, I tried visiting Globus yesterday. What a big disappointment! Firstly, the clothes there are not at all ‘my type’ and secondly, they are exorbitantly priced. I guess I should happily continue to shop at Westside. They are decently priced and I like some of their stuff (if not all). Let’s see how Fabindia treats me.

And just one more thing – I want to buy two books: OLIVER TWIST and BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S.

PS: I need to buy only clothes for the triple celebration in December. I have used only once whatever else that I bought for my birthday. They are still as good as new and I don’t need to buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment