My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Withdrawal syndrome

I guess I am suffering from withdrawal syndrome (WS) of late. According to Wikipedia, a ‘withdrawal syndrome’, is also called a ‘discontinuation syndrome’ and withdrawal may be a series of physical, emotional and behavior changes experienced when a ‘drug’ is cut down.

According to a research by ‘The Telegraph’, our Facebook generation suffers information withdrawal syndrome by turning off mobile phones, avoiding the internet and tuning out of the television and radio. The research says that all these things can leave people suffering from symptoms similar to those seen in drug addicts trying to go cold turkey.

Presently, I have begun to develop symptoms typically seen in smokers attempting to give up. For me it has been a very long and painful process. While all this is occurring to me, I read that all these can also cause a variety of problems known as Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS).

OMG, my nervous system is in a hyperactive state and I just don’t know how to minimize this discomfort and help my body and soul heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment