My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Books and Music!!!

Books and music are the two loves of my life after my family. I am a voracious reader of Classic Literature and have a fairly good collection in my library. Some of the authors who beautify my book shelf are Charles Dickens, William Shakespeare, Jane Eyre, Margaret Mitchell, Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde. I just adore the classic authors and their works. I love to buy their books to add to my existing collection.

Since I don’t get time to read at home, I like to read books in the train while I am commuting for work. But of late I had been ending up with a splitting headache every evening. After consultation the doctor told me that it’s because I read books in the train. So I got spectacles for myself. Then also my headaches didn’t bother to leave me alone. So the doc told to me that I should stop reading altogether in the train. Now, how was it ever possible? Anyway, to get rid of my headaches, I sacrificed my books and stopped reading for a while. But I noticed that my head aches would just not bother to leave me alone in the evenings. So??? So what? I have decided to continue reading…. (lol)!

But there’s a slight twist in the story here. For the little while I had stopped reading books in the train, I got hooked to listening music on my mobile phone. And the station which managed to keep me tuned in was 104.8 Meow FM. It so happens that between 2 to 5 o’clock every afternoon the station plays all Hindi retro songs from the 1950s, 60s, 70s and even 80s. And I am a big, big fan of retro numbers. And so, since then I have been listening to my favourite retro numbers on radio while going home (this is the time I usually travel back home after my part time work).

And believe you me, RJ Komal plays the most melodious retro songs as per her listeners’ request…I have become a die-hard fan of her show and keeping requesting my favourite songs everyday. And she does play all my requested songs, everyday, without fail…yesterday she played songs on the theme I suggested: JEWELRY

Life couldn’t be more fulfilling. My books, my Facebook, my retro songs…ah ha. I am indeed blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment