My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, June 13, 2016

Role of a baptized Catholic



Yesterday again it was a well spent Sunday with the Lord.

In the morning, during the 8:15 am Eucharistic Celebration, there was commissioning and blessing of all the SCC (Small Christian Community) animators by Bishop Agnelo Gracias. This was followed by an orientation programme. This is my sixth year as an animator and I will be serving my second term as a PPC member till 2019.

Again in the evening at 5:00 pm there was an Eucharistic Adoration for all Sunday School catechists which was followed by a meeting and fellowship meal. I was given the role of a Deanery Assistant.

The one point that I brought back home from both these events is that a baptized Catholic is supposed to be doing two things – one, keep the community together and spread the Word of God. Our parish priest Fr. Melvin harped on these two points. I am glad I am doing both these. As an animator and PPC member, I am keeping St.Bonaventure community together and serving the families in our community. Secondly, I am spreading the Word of God as a catechist. So I am glad I have understood what God expects from me and able to work in His vineyard according to His wonderful plans.

I just need to be in good health to carry out all these work. I just pray that my fibroids pain doesn’t bother me much and am able to keep myself active. I ask Jesus, the greatest Healer, to heal me of my fibroids so that I don’t bogged down by the pain which I am going through from the last three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment