My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Russian Literature

I am sure I am prejudiced towards Russian Literature and enjoy reading Russian stories a lot.

I have read some extremely delightful stories by Russian writers like Maxim Gorky, Anton Chekhov, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Leo Tolstoy, and the latest to find my favor is Leonid N. Andreyev (1871-1919), a novelist, dramatist and photographer from Russia. He was one of the most successful Russian writers from 1902-1914.

Andreyev’s style combines elements of realist, naturalist and symbolist schools in literature and I loved reading JUDAS ISCARIOT & OTHERS – I became a big fan of his the moment I started reading this story.

Currently, I am reading LAZARUS, a short story by him and enjoying it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment