My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, April 11, 2011

“Winners don’t do different things, they do things differently” – Shiv Khera

On Friday 8th April, 2011, I attended an edifying four hour seminar by Shiv Khera. He shared amazing stories of Mohammad Ali (MA), Michael Phelps, Donald Trumps, Steve Jobs and many more people. Here are the excerpts from the seminar which touched me the most.

Positive thinking doesn’t guarantee success; it increases the probability of success…

“I am the greatest….I am the champion” – MA

MA on mistakes: “Some I did, some happened”

Pleasantness without performance becomes painful…

Change is not a challenge but the speed of change is a challenge…

Learn the trade – leave the tricks to the cheats and the crooks…

About culture: Culture always goes top down never bottom up...

“I will never ask you to do something which I will not do myself” – Walt Disney

Bill Marriot: “I will wait, a customer will not”

There’s a huge difference between earning and inheriting wealth…

McDonalds cancelled a franchise because of a fly flying there…

“Any behavior which is consciously continued for 21 days, becomes a habit on the 22nd day”

Most of the times we are our own problems…

Sometimes in life you got to be unkind to be kind...

When a parent hits a child, it hurts a parent more than the child…

In life, only parents and teachers care to correct, others punish…

Moral commitments are lot stronger than legal commitments…

“I must feel successful inside”

Good family can be a success. Success means different to different people….

55% of our communication is non-verbal…

On fragile ego – taking things personally….

It’s a continuous process otherwise we slip back…

Each person carries brand equity…

Old values are not obsolete

He ended the seminar with this golden quote – “values are priceless. The moment we put a price to it, it becomes valueless”.

No comments:

Post a Comment