My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, April 26, 2013

Mango



So, I am now a proud owner of a powder-pink pair of Mango cotton trouser. I had always wanted to own this brand but unfortunately couldn’t do so.

Mango is not one of those traditional heritage brands; instead it’s quite young – it was established only in 1984 – when I was just 8-years-old. I in Bhilai and Mango in Barcelona – made for each other. And now I have at least some thing to feel proud of this international fashion brand for women which surprisingly provides fresh fashion trends with not a very high price.

And it is a Spanish brand and I love anything Spanish – thanks to my love for Spain’s most popular tennis star, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario. I really miss her.

Mango is aimed at urban women aged between 18 and 40 and I fully fit into this group. So I want to keep chanting and iterating that now I own a piece of clothing from the Spanish high street brand Mango which is based in Barcelona. Sounds childish??? I don’t care.

Though this Spanish fashion and lifestyle brand entered India in 2001, obviously I couldn’t afford it at that time. I was naïve and into the family way and definitely not a fashionista – the last thing on my mind at that time was fashion and which international fashion brand was foraying into India.

Then in 2008 I had wanted to own a Mango handbag but somehow was unable to do so. But today by the grace of God, I have all the time, inclination and resources in the world. So, I want to thank God for this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment