My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, July 9, 2010

July 11

At dawn on the morning of July 11, 19.., yours truly was born.

More than a century ago, on this very day in 1859, “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens was published. No wonder then Charles Dickens is my most favourite Classic Literature writer though I haven’t yet read this book. But since it was published on the day I was born, I intend to read it sooner than later now.

Then in 1893, the first cultured pearl was obtained by Kokichi Mikimoto. My love for gems and jewellery and now pearls is not unknown. In fact, pearl is my birthstone. So I’ll have to get a pearl…...soon.

A total solar eclipse will be occurring on July 11, 2010. I hope it doesn’t eclipse all my birthday plans.

And this is something I have always known. World Population Day is celebrated on 11th July every year. Well, just because I am born on this day, one can’t celebrate such days. Am I taking up so much space on the face on this earth?

1 comment: